Saturday, January 28, 2012

Valentine Crafting

I think Valentines Day is second only to Halloween for me when it comes to crafty inspiration. Pinks, creams, whites and reds! I just love the colors that Valentines Day brings. Here are a few of my creations. I made them at our girls crafty Sunday. The last Sunday of the month each of us hosts craft day at our homes. This last Sunday was at Holly Stinnetts lovely home in Los Angeles.  I dont really have any pics of the day though....why you ask? For some reason when I bring my camera I feel sort of like a reporter for my blog instead of a guest just enjoying the company. Does that make sense?

{this first little banner is easy and fun to make}
 Cut out some .25 inch foam board into pennant shape
apply modge podge with a foam brush
lay tissue paper on top and gently tap down
set aside to try
Cut smaller pennants out of vintage book paper
ink the edges
After your pennants dry distress the edges with ink
stick on vintage book paper
Punch holes in upper corners
attach letters
string seam binding through, making sure long enough to hang

{now where to hang it?----too busy here}

{too up high here}

{ahhh just right! The door to my craft room}

{here is another cute one I made from Vintage valentines Holly provided for us}

{so cute, a little doggie banner}
This one is super easy to make
Cut out 5 like sized hearts from decorative paper
cut out card stock in a rectangle, big enough to show from behind your image, yet small enough not to cover too much of the heart base
Ink edges of everything
find some cute vintage valentine images using google image search- print and cut out
assemble using foam board pieces or pop dots
add a little glittery flower embellishment between the valentine and cardstock.
Punch holes and string with ribbon or seam binding

And then this cute little book I made with goodies that all the girls brought! Of course we all bring extra little goodies to share with each other. After I finished my banners I decided to make a little scrapbook to put all of the goodies in. 

{I hade everyone sign my valentine!}

{inside here are some of the goodies!}

{Holly gave us these cute little red and white straws, I just had to incorporate them!- I used a binding technique I learned in the book. ReBound.


{as always it was a fun day topped off with tasty birthday cake for Holly and Erin. I feel so fortunate to have all of these girls in my life!}
-Denise

3 comments:

  1. Denise
    You are so über talented and an amazingly quick worker-bee..
    I luv all your banners and I thank u again for the one u gifted
    Me for my birthday. I too am grateful for all u lovely ladies :)
    See u in 2 weeks!
    Hugs
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS works from one oh-so talented! You are the best at making things beautiful.
    Happy days... :)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete