Friday, December 9, 2011

Victorian Stocking Swap-hosted by Sherry Bamsey

Okay So I am totally cheating, we were all supposed to open our swaps tomorrow, but I am driving to Colorado and juts HAD to open mine a day early so I could ooogle over my goodies and hang my stocking by the chimney with flair! I was sooo lucky to get my friend Julie Gordon Weller as my secret stocking maker. Actually I would not have minded ANY of the fellow swappers stockings, but I know Julies style so was excited to get a box from her! So without further adieu and before we hit the road, here is the precious stocking that Julie made me... a stocking I am sure to treasure for years to come:
{sweet anticipation!}

{love the vintage card inside...so cute!}

{what a great detail, a vintage lady skiier, nice job Julie! Swaps are always so special when there are those little personal touches}

(a bigger pic}

{loves these little vintage lovelies peeking out!}

{a box full of vintage cupcake pics, now Julie is the cupcake queen and I love she added a little of herself into this!}

{I just love these little guys had to do a close up!}

{she added lots of fun vintage embellishments, loved these unique cards}

{more fun embellishments and beads}

{more vintage treats to create with, I loved the spool you cant really appreciate the shiny thread on the spool, can't wait to create some fun ornaments with all of this!}

{here is my stockings honored home, below my memorial to my sweet Temper that passed away last year}
Julie I love my stocking and everything you filled it with, a big virtual hug to you and I hope you and everyone else has an wonderful peaceful Holiday!
And thanks Sherry for hostessing this great swap!
-Denise

3 comments:

  1. Just perfect Denise! What a lovely holiday treat to cherish forever. Hope you're having fun in this lovely month of December!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Love everything about it! Can't wait until tomorrow to open mine. Have a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for my gorgeous stocking, Denise! It is beyond words beautiful and looks so amazing hanging over my fireplace. The little goodies inside were great surprises! I love my Swan, and the two deer. All of it! Amazing! I can't wait to play with all the new vintage lace and especially the gold seaweed stuff. I want to make a Mermaid Fantasy project!

    xoxo

    çhristine barker

    ReplyDelete