Sunday, October 3, 2010

Glitterfest Recap


As expected Glitterfest was all I hoped it would be. I want to start by saying that this event was so well run and organized. Sheryl and Dianne and the Whimzy team were great. Starting from the night before mixer party. It was great to get to meet Sheryl and Dianne in person and some of their team members. It was also great to meet some of the other artists, particularly jewelry artists Tara Wilson and Joann Doxakis. Tara and I swear we have met before and Joann lives close by and requires the use of a scroll saw, which I have, so hopefully we can get together and saw away!
In the morning we all arrived and went to our tables, but something was amiss, it was uncomfortably warm and would get progressively worse. There were AC issues and it soon became crazy hot. Regardless I have been to Glitterfest before and this room has always been comfortable, so it was just a fluke and there was not much anyone could do about it. Luckily I had my Craft Wagon which saved us from having to make more then one trip. My wagon actually got a lot of use as we loaned it out to other artists! The heat was the only downside as the Whimzy team delivered mimosas, cold water and lunch to our tables, this IS the way to do a show! The most exciting part of the day, was when a photographer from Romantic Home magazine came to my booth and took pictures. It would be such an honor to be published in the amazing magazine, so keep your fingers crossed that the editor likes the pics!
I also wanted to add that I appreciate all of the wonderful people that bought things from me, as a creator of things there is no better feeling then someone appreciating what you do enough to buy it. So thank you.
Below are some more pictures from the event. I wished I took more but it was so busy (in a good way!)
{my set up}

{second half}


{my little skellie ornaments were a hit and sold out!}

{my soldered houses were also a hit, sold most, but have three left for sale on my etsy site}

{my brie box kits sold out quickly and so did the finished ones, i have one left here on etsy}

{my clothes pin trick or treaters kits also sold out, so we sold the samples too!}

{Jenny Hernandez the Polka Dot Pixie was spreading her dust! Her little sculptures flew}


{Kim Caldwells amazing craft totes and aprons}

{Holly Loves Arts' little witches!}

{Michelle Leglers amazing Masic cupcakes}


Cheryl Stoneham, Kim Caldwell ad Michelle Legler

{Donna from the Vintage Emporium showed with her entourage!}

{the crowds are REAL at Glitterfest!}

My Mom, here is someone I could never do shows without. Although I love to create art, I am horrible at selling my art. Luckily my Mom was in sales for 30 years and is great selling my stuff. I appreciate all she does for me, it's great to spend time with her at these events. Next up Patchwork Long Beach, hopefully we will get in!
-Denise

8 comments:

  1. The Glitterfest was amazing. Your booth was beautiful. Everyone is so talented and super friendly. I especially love the mom/daughter teams. See you at Patchwork...that's where I discovered your work. Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat reminds me of when we were at Art Affair. Your table looked great! I hope you get published with the magazine!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Denise!!! I loved your table and all your goodies. Glad it was a success for you. Off to check out your easy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngratulations Denise for such a successful show! I hope to be able to come out there next year for the show. Your table was beautiful! It was great to get to see all the pictures.

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that is a dream crowd for an artist!!!!!!!! I'm so impressed. We have NOTHING like that in Kansas. Congrats on the great sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, it was great to meet you (and your mom) Loved your table and your work! How exciting, I hope you get published. I understand Nancy & Dede had already hit you up to teach a workshop at Gilding the Lily :) I need a lesson on the scroll saw - let's hook up soon. Cheers, JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely LOVED your booth and everything that you created. i'm so excited to have a link to your blog and etsy shop, and i hope to see you more at different events! PLEASE let me know if you ever need photos for anything!! i'm in long beach too! martha :)

    ReplyDelete