Monday, October 14, 2013

Stencil Girl and Xyron Blog Hop- Halloween Tag Mini Vid Class today!




Stencils are super versatile and I was so excited that we were teaming up with Stencil Girl! I got the Net Stencil designed by owner Mary Beth Shaw, however if you check out Stencil Girl you will see tons of amazing stencils created by Artists from all areas of art- that means there is a style for everyone. Even though my Stencil was a Net- the first thing I saw in it was Alligator skin. So I decided to use a technique that made the stencil look more alligator-y; embossing. Here are the tags I designed and at the end you will find a Mini Video Class including the technique for gluing over a stencil! Have fun making all those Halloween Projects and don't forget to HOP over to:



{look at that fabulous black embossed alligator skin!}



{I like to emboss over patterned papers to give that extra depth- embossing over a small pattern works best}



Supplies:
Stencil Girl Net Stencil
Xyron 5 Inch Creative Station
Xyron High Tack Adhesive
Xyron Adhesive Glue Dots
Authentique Thrilling Papers and Stickers
Graphic 45 Chipboard Tag Steampunk Spells
Petaloo Vintage Dazzlers Tags
Petaloo Textured Minis x9 Black
Petaloo Fancy Trims Black and Paprika
Embossing Powder: Zig and PK Glitz
Clearsnap Top Boss Adhesive Pad
Colorbox Art Daubers
Colorbox Pigment Stamp Pad Lava Black
Crepe Paper- Party City
Black Tag- American Tag Co.




12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a nice on seattle halloween 2013. This is such a great idea to celebrate halloween parties seattle with Pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right-this stencil works perfect for Halloween.Bet I need it for my "Raging Cajun Redneck Gator" tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful tags you've made! Love how you made the net so festive for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tutorial and these are such adorable tags perfect for the holidays~

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful. Love
    all the details on
    the tags.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love how you used the stencil!!! Your tags are awesome!!!! Happy Hauntings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful use of the StencilGirl stencil! So fun to be playing with Xyron this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little tags, so adorable. Amazing work with the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing such a great ideas for celebrating Seattle Halloween. It's such a memorable day for me and my family to enjoy Seattle Halloween parties.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning...I love the image, it's gorgeous.the effects you have created are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Denise! That was super cool and fun! Think I am going to try this technique. Pattern paper... Who know!? Obviously not me!

    ReplyDelete