Sunday, August 18, 2013

Craft for a Cure Registration is open!

{Julie Gordon Weller}

For the last 6 years I have done a crafting event and donated all of the proceeds to Breast cancer research. My Mom is now a 7 year survivor and I know it's hard to find anyone who's lives have not been touched by it in one way or another. Currently a member of my little crafting community is battling the disease. Julie Gordon Weller is not only kicking cancers ass, but is doing so in such an open and honest way, including taking a daily portrait of herself as she goes through chemo. You can see it all on her Facebook page HERE or just search her hashtag #cancerisstupid.  This years event "Sweet Sisterhood" will once again be in the lovely home of Andrea Villareal in Rancho Cucamonga California with food provided by Redlands Ford. We will have two classes. We will be making Karin Smolinskis lovely plaster cupcakes, a little Fabric Collage dress by Denise Hahn, and a surprise make and take project from Jennifer Priest of Hydrangea Hippo. Lunch and dessert will be served. The teachers and hostesses donate everything for the event so you entire class fee goes to help support breast cancer research. Please see below for class photos and past event pictures.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH 10-4PM $100

Class #1 Vintage Fabric Collage Dress. We will do everything from wire the little hanger to doing the image transfer. This is NOT A KIT and you will get to design your little dress however you want! Supplies and machines will be provided but feel free to bring any extra lace buttons or bling to make it your own! Don't sew?? Don't worry! We will have hot glue and fabritac for you- but the sewing is reallly easy!





Karins Plaster of Paris Cupcakes:

last years event photos:




Hope you will join us!




2 comments:

  1. I wish I could afford to be part of this event...my Mom passed 2 yrs ago this June, and I quit my life to be her 24/7 caregiver, and she got her wish to die at home and not at Hospice...her sister passed from breast cancer when my Mom found out she had it in both breasts, and not related, and she has a colostomy from 2 yrs before that, for rectal cancer..Mom survived over 20 years until she couldn't stop it finally spreading to her lungs and well...you know the rest. I will never be the same, I have had such a hard time coming out of that darkness, watching her try to hang on for me. We had such a bond...Bless you for this...wish I could be there. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi, if you are able to go to the event if you have $100.00, consider this gift that I will pay for you to go.......just let me know, (My name is Lyn, my cell: 909-915-0548, my daughter is in this fight as we speak and I would love to help you). Please, give me a call. God Bless and may you and your family go forward and hope that you realize just how much your sacrafice meant to your Mom. With Love and hope.

    ReplyDelete