Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm Broke!



Well, at least my ankle is. It's been almost 3 weeks since I broke my ankle at my roller derby banked track scrimmage. I can't explain it but in my head I equated getting hurt with my skill and fitness as a skater. I feel like such a failure. I know logically, skill has nothing to do with injury, even professional athletes break stuff. Still what could I have done to prevent this, and how will I prevent it in the future? I guess I have about 3 months to figure that all out. The bright side to all of this was that I could just sit and craft all day! Well easier said than done. Although I was determined to get off my painkiller meds as quickly as possible, the simple fact is, not keeping my foot elevated causes swelling and pain. On top of that I can not bear ANY weight on my right leg, and my craft room is stacked to the ceiling with supplies! So that means a lot of hopping around on one foot.  I already am a messy maker, and as I struggle to get those pop dots off my shelf- I want to keep them close so I don't have to go back.... now I find myself buried in stuff as seen in the photo above! I know it will get better and a big part of healing is attitude, so I am keeping my chin up!


6 comments:

  1. Awww! I am sorry! My desk gets like that sometimes without any injuries and then it's even harder to find things. I feel for you. I hope things get better soon! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise...sorry to hear about your injury and praying your healing will be here sooner than later. You are already awesome in all the things you have shared and I have seen you do...so I am looking forward to what your healing journey will bring...You already wear many hats well and I am sure you will be given light to shine even brighter. Heeee ...maybe a helmet light. You're the BESTEST...Hang in there. Hugs from a Friend, Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, I am so sorry to hear about your injury. Your art and crafts are so inspiring. Your brain must be going crazy with creativity it can't get out. Take care and know that your followers are thinking of you and wishing you well soon! Teresa Sather

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my colleagues broke her foot during Derby practice - you girls are CRAZY!

    She had the cutest little scooter that she kneeled the bad leg on and got around everywhere.

    I hope you are feeling up to being creative soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your injury. I had to laugh at the photo of your crafting area, though! FYI-my daughter is a hairstylist and I use one of her rolling trays for small crafting stuff that I use often-it's great to shove around and they're pretty cheap!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us out here, and please feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! So sorry, Denise! I've been buried under a pile of work and am behind on my blog reading so just saw this. Hope you are starting to feel better. Wish I could be your personal "fetch and get it." Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete