Friday, February 15, 2013

It's Derby Weekend!





This weekend is my first time actually competing as an Official Derby Girl. My first game is Saturday as a sub player for the Psycho Ex-Girlfriends and is on the banked track. This game is SOLD OUT. My second game is my Fresh Meat Bout (newbie/rookie) I am on the Huntington Beach Heartbreakers and our game is Sunday at 5:30 pm and tickets can be purchased HERE. This is a more laid back event- you can sit in the bleachers, or just bring a lawn chair and sit on the skating surface. It is an an indoor Hockey Complex-there are snacks and drinks. 
I have to say that I am as nervous as hell! I only hope I make it out of the first bout alive!


2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! You're the first "real" person I know who is a roller derby queen. How fun! Looks like it can be a brutal sport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!! Real serious butt smacking roller derby? I'd be afraid too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete